Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: OT: In-cabin video taping

  1. #1
    Inactive Member slvr-bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2002
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I remember reading a thread a while back (old forum I think) about someone making a custom bracket or mount on the passenger side head rest to place their video camera on so they could tape a race or autoX event they were in. I want to do the same but don't know how to go about it.

    So if anyone who has such a setup or has another way of doing it, can you please post it? I'm using a sony handycam Hi8 camcorder.

    Thanks,
    Steve

  2. #2
    Inactive Member CivicR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 1999
    Posts
    901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was the one that designed and built the mount...here is the web addy

    Camera Mount Website

  3. #3
    Inactive Member slvr-bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2002
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks man. Gonna do a little bit of modification to it so the length can be adjustable.

    Just wondering, when going over bumps/dips/harsh roads, does it affect the camera and/or the image at all?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My video camera has an image stabilization feature meant for smoothing out hand held movies. It works very well for in car video.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •